[sane-devel] Canon MF8200C Series

Troels Thomsen troels.pil.thomsen at gmail.com
Tue Jul 29 22:18:35 UTC 2014

Thx Rolf

-patch and scanner really works!

I'm pulling code from git, and have followed the install guide, and am
observing the following:

- Scan --mode=grey/color works

- Scan --resolution=600 works (and 75)

- Buttons ... could not make it work

- "scanimage -x 55 -y 55" works but "scanimage -x auto -y auto" does not

- after scanning completes, the scanner is still printing "scanning ..." in
the display, and can not print another page until it is forced out of this
state (red 'clear' button, - are you sure? - yes)

- There  is a pause of 10 seconds before everything. It must have something
to do with the backend, because it is even there when doing
scanimage --help
The first page of options is printed immediately, then the 10 sec pause,
then the rest is printed, starting with:
Options specific to device  `pixma:04A92779_2c9efc4f5de2':

I'm running  linux mint 16. Connection is USB at the moment.

All in all ... I'm Scanning !!!!!

/Troels