[sane-devel] Canon CanoScan 4400F in genesys-backend

Ernst Rohlicek jun. ernst.rohlicek at inode.at
Wed Jun 18 11:44:59 UTC 2014

Greetings, I have here a Canon CanoScan 4400F flatbed scanner.

According to the SANE website

  http://sane-project.org/cgi-bin/driver.pl?manu=&model=4400f

this scaner is GL843-based and could be supported by the SANE
genesys-backend.

I have the genesys-backend installed (Ubuntu 2014.04), but it does not
detect the scanner.

According to the genesys-backend manual page

  http://www.sane-project.org/man/sane-genesys.5.html

I should contact the sane-devel mailing list, which I hereby do :-)

My question: What can we do to get this scanner detected and working?
What can I do or provide about this scanner?

The manpage says that I should provide detailed USB output - I have
attached the "lsusb -v" output.

Let me know what we can do.

Thanks and Greetings,
Ernst Rohlicek