[sane-devel] Scanner Supported by SAME backends

John Sauter John_Sauter at systemeyescomputerstore.com
Tue Jun 24 18:01:33 UTC 2014

My scanner is an Epson Perfection V700 photo, attached through its
Firewire interface.  It is supported by the SANE backends, but the UDEV
rules do not recognize it.  To fix the problem I added the following
rule:

# EPSON Perfection V700 Photo
ATTRS{type}=="3", ATTRS{vendor}=="EPSON", ATTRS{model}=="GT-X900",
ENV{libsane_matched}="yes

Having verified that this rule works, I am e-mailing you as you
requested in the comments of file 65-sane-backends.rules.  Just in case
you might find it useful, I attach my local rule file, which contains
the above line.
    John Sauter (John_Sauter at systemeyescomputerstore.com)