[sane-devel] Fujitsu ScanSnap iX500 "Brain-dead scanner" in SANE 1.0.25

Krutzbeuazen krutzbeuazen at gmx.net
Mon Mar 24 13:13:58 UTC 2014

Oh wow!
It works on a regular USB2 port!
I used the same USB3 port before, both with a USB3 cable and a USB2 cable.
Thank you so much!

The software is vuescan:
http://www.hamrick.com/
Payware, bin-only, no CLI, but some interesting
auto-enhancement-features. And it supports scanners which never made it
to linux or SANE.

Now, on to building that workflow which will free me from all those dead
tree slices!

Thank you again, eventually I would probably have given up. So close!

Manuel