[sane-devel] Fujitsu ScanSnap iX500 "Brain-dead scanner" in SANE 1.0.25

m. allan noah kitno455 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 24 15:06:51 UTC 2014

Yes- I had a similar report of this from another user a few days ago.
I think the problem is here:

If you edit backend/fujitsu.c and change line 2215 from

s->hopper_before_op = 1;
s->hopper_before_op = 0;

and recompile, that might help. I added that code specifically for
this scanner. Without it, the scanner would lock up when you try to
scan with no paper in the hopper.

Please try, and let me know if that works.

allan