[sane-devel] Pixma: ADF paper empty patch for Canon Pixma MX???

Rolf Bensch rolf at bensch-online.de
Sun May 18 16:15:53 UTC 2014

Hi Matthias,

Am 17.05.2014 18:56, schrieb Matthias Peter Walther:
> Hallo Rolf,
>
> I'm sorry, I couldn't reply earlier. I had some issues with my pc, hdd
> crash.
>
> I pulled the patch from the git and I can't get higher resolutions than
> 75 anymore while using the ADF. It resets the resolution back to 75 all
> the time.
>
> But the out-of-paper issues works great and the scaner recovers
> perfectly from the error state now.

OK

> Could you look into that resolution issue please?
>
> ===========================
> $ scanimage --resolution 300 --batch=test%02db.pnm --source "Automatic
> Document Feeder"

You need to reorder the options of scanimage.

'scanimage --help' tells me:
Usage: scanimage [OPTION]...
[...]
    --source Flatbed|Transparency Unit [Flatbed]
        Selects the scan source (such as a document-feeder). Set source
before
        mode and resolution. Resets mode and resolution to auto values.
[...]

My scanner has a transparent unit and no document feeder, but the
handling is the same.

> [...]

$ scanimage --source "Automatic Document Feeder" --resolution 300
--batch=test%02db.pnm
should work.

Cheers,
Rolf