[sane-devel] sane + ubuntu 14.04 + Epson perfection 3170

Olaf Meeuwissen olaf.meeuwissen at avasys.jp
Sun Nov 16 23:09:40 UTC 2014

Hi Pierre,

The Perfection 3170 needs a non-free plugin.  You can get it via

  [1] http://download.ebz.epson.net/dsc/search/01/search/?OSC=LX

Pierre LINDENBAUM writes:

> $ grep epson /usr/local/etc/sane.d/dll.conf
> epson
> epson2

The epson backend does not support non-free plugins.  The epson2 backend
might but I am not sure where it looks for them.

> Running 'sudo iscan' raised the error dialog "could not send command to scanner' just after the trace:

The iscan frontend only works with the epkowa and net backends.

> any idea ?

Did you install the non-free plugin that is needed for the Perfection
3170?  Is it found by the backend?

Hope this helps,
                 http://www.fsf.org/jf?referrer=1962