[sane-devel] Canon LiDE 210 and grinding noises

Michael raselmsh at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 21 14:47:52 UTC 2014

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone can help me regarding problems using my scanner, a CanonLiDE 210, on Ubuntu 14.10, libsane 1.0.24-1.1ubuntu1.  It worked previously with Ubuntu 14.04, libsane 1.0.23.  Now when I try to scan (with xsane or simple-scan), it usually aborts with a grinding noise and I have to disconnect the scanner.  It works with a different system running OS X.  On-line searches suggest that this is a known class of problem.

Downgrading to the Ubuntu 14.04 package helped last time I tried it, though I seem to recall that the previous time it did not.  sane-backends from git did not, though I did build it as an Ubuntu package, including Ubuntu patches (except the couple which would not apply).

Grateful for any suggestions.

Regards and thanks,

Michael