[sane-devel] Remote access to Pulstek OpticBook 3800

Nikolay Shaplov dhyan at nataraj.su
Thu Oct 2 08:02:20 UTC 2014

In order to do something to make my Pulstek OpticBook 3800 scanner work with
sane I'd like to offer sane developers a remote access to my dev-desktop with
scanner attach to it and with webcam+sound video streaming showing this
scanner.

If you send me ssh public key and login, I will grant you root access there
and tell where to watch webcam streaming.

Just for note:
I've already reported about Pulstek OpticBook 3800
http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/sane-devel/2013-April/031220.html
USB sniff etc. We found out that it uses GL845, basic GL845 support were added
to sane after that, but it did not make it work properly. It do not even move
carriage as it should but makes unpleasant sounds instead.

A year ago 3800 was the only economy class device allowing scanning books
without opening them wide. I think it is important to have this device
supported by linux. There is no alternatives for it thus I can't just simply
replace it.