[sane-devel] sane manpage out of date

Olaf Meeuwissen olaf.meeuwissen at avasys.jp
Tue Oct 7 23:59:27 UTC 2014

m. allan noah writes:

> The manpage you pointed to suggests you are using sane-backends
> 1.0.19? You might find that the more recent epson2 backend meets your
> needs. Epson2 has been the default for a few years now, and the
> original epson backend is disabled by default.
>
> Note that we also accept patches from users to fix our docs and code.

Looks like we were answering Mark's mails at about the same time ;-)

The epson backend still very much builds and installs by default at git
HEAD.  Find a patch attached.  Don't forget to sync `configure`.

I've tested build and install.  None of the epson backend related files
will be installed (config, manual page).

Hope this helps,
                 http://www.fsf.org/jf?referrer=1962