[sane-devel] Canon CanoScan Lide120

Stef stef.dev at free.fr
Thu Oct 16 19:31:34 UTC 2014

On 16/10/2014 18:01, Hayder Aziz wrote:
> and here's the LSUSB dump. in case its of any help.
>
> I'm willing to help hack a solution for this, since this new model of
> the canon lide series is bound to become popular over the next weeks /
> months (its not a niche model).
>
> Bus 002 Device 004: ID 04a9:190e Canon, Inc.
> Couldn't open device, some information will be missing
> Device Descriptor:
>   bLength                18
>   bDescriptorType         1
>   bcdUSB               2.00
>   bDeviceClass          255 Vendor Specific Class
>   bDeviceSubClass       255 Vendor Specific Subclass
>   bDeviceProtocol       255 Vendor Specific Protocol
>   bMaxPacketSize0        64
>   idVendor           0x04a9 Canon, Inc.
>   idProduct          0x190e
>   bcdDevice            7.04
>   iManufacturer           1
>   iProduct                2
>   iSerial                 0
>   bNumConfigurations      1
>   Configuration Descriptor:
>     bLength                 9
>     bDescriptorType         2
>     wTotalLength           39
>     bNumInterfaces          1
>     bConfigurationValue     1
>     iConfiguration          0
>     bmAttributes         0xa0
>       (Bus Powered)
>       Remote Wakeup
>     MaxPower              500mA
>     Interface Descriptor:
>       bLength                 9
>       bDescriptorType         4
>       bInterfaceNumber        0
>       bAlternateSetting       0
>       bNumEndpoints           3
>       bInterfaceClass       255 Vendor Specific Class
>       bInterfaceSubClass    255 Vendor Specific Subclass
>       bInterfaceProtocol    255 Vendor Specific Protocol
>       iInterface              0
>       Endpoint Descriptor:
>         bLength                 7
>         bDescriptorType         5
>         bEndpointAddress     0x81  EP 1 IN
>         bmAttributes            2
>           Transfer Type            Bulk
>           Synch Type               None
>           Usage Type               Data
>         wMaxPacketSize     0x0200  1x 512 bytes
>         bInterval               0
>       Endpoint Descriptor:
>         bLength                 7
>         bDescriptorType         5
>         bEndpointAddress     0x02  EP 2 OUT
>         bmAttributes            2
>           Transfer Type            Bulk
>           Synch Type               None
>           Usage Type               Data
>         wMaxPacketSize     0x0200  1x 512 bytes
>         bInterval               0
>       Endpoint Descriptor:
>         bLength                 7
>         bDescriptorType         5
>         bEndpointAddress     0x83  EP 3 IN
>         bmAttributes            3
>           Transfer Type            Interrupt
>           Synch Type               None
>           Usage Type               Data
>         wMaxPacketSize     0x0001  1x 1 bytes
>         bInterval               8

     Hello,

    bcdDevice 7.04 signals a genesys chip newer than the GL124 (which
has7.01). Since GL128 is 7.05, we could bet on a GL126 (there is also a
GL125), or like the GL8417 and GL124, another one specially taylored for
Canon, a GL127? . Anyway, I don't know any public datasheet for these
ASICs, which complicates the work for supporting it. One would have to
guess what registers are used for.

Regards,
     Stef