[sane-devel] Imageclass D530 Scanner Support (New Patch?)

tx gtux at gimpchat.com
Tue Oct 21 01:39:45 UTC 2014

Ok, after further testing and being clued in about Invalid_argument by
this link..

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/sane#Invalid_argument

I am now able to scan as root, but only by giving the the full device name
listed by scanfile -L. As a regular user, I only see the device name:
pixma:04A92775, without the __1144T3603236 portion.

Here is the command that worked, as SU.

scanimage --device pixma:04A92775_1144T3603236 --format=tiff > test.tiff

That worked! Yay!! :)

I guess my issue now is one of permissions. I thought I created a scanner
group and added my user to it. I will verify that. Hopefully, once my
permissions issues are fixed, I'll be able to use a SANE frontend, instead
of the scanfile command. If you have any suggestions on getting these
permissions fixed, it would be appreciated.

I'll report back my results.

Thanks again!

~gtux