[sane-devel] Imageclass D530 Scanner Support (New Patch?)

Johannes Meixner jsmeix at suse.de
Tue Oct 21 12:20:37 UTC 2014

Hello,

On Oct 20 21:39 tx wrote (excerpt):
> I am now able to scan as root
> I guess my issue now is one of permissions.

I did not read all the details in this mail thread but
perhaps the section about "scanner access permissions" in
http://en.opensuse.org/SDB:Configuring_Scanners
might provide an usable workaround for you
The best workaround to get those kind of issues out of sight
is to use the "saned"...
(of course provided you let the "saned" run as root).

Kind Regards
Johannes Meixner