[sane-devel] another unlisted scanner works

Tomáš Bednár tmp at tomas.bednar.sk
Thu Oct 16 11:41:32 UTC 2014

Dear SANE developers,

I have got a multi-function color laser printer and scanner KONICA - MINOLTA magicolor 1680MF. There is a couple of owners of this one on the Internet looking for scanner driver (printing is easy possible) without success.

I found a magicolor backend http://www.sane-project.org/lists/sane-backends-cvs.html#S-MAGICOLOR supporting 1690MF. Tried to use it for my scanner, and it simply works on the first attempt. Just added usb identification to /etc/sane.d/magicolor.conf.

It's usb-only (not network) device, idVendor="132b", idProduct="208b". I have sane-backends 1.0.22 installed, but I think, it is not very important, because there is just one old log in changelog about magicolor (from 2011-01-15).

If you need some more information or want me to do some tests, don't hesitate to contact me.

Tomas