[sane-devel] HP 5590 ADF end of page

Protected spamme at modanese.net
Thu Oct 23 11:23:03 UTC 2014

Hello SANE developers,

First some background: I'm using 64-bit openSUSE 13.1 and SANE 1.0.23
(provided by the packet manager) along with an HP ScanJet 5590 scanner
and have been running into some problems lately with the ADF unit. After
some 20+ pages have been scanned, the bottom of one page starts to show
up in the next one. I've looked up online for answers and apparently
setting the page size has fixed it for some people, but in my case it
just doesn't seem to help.

Anyway, I took a closer look at an image I'd scanned recently and
noticed a 1px-wide bar of black pixels along the right-hand side. Now,
things get interesting when one page ends and the other one begins: the
end of the first one is marked by a single blue pixel in the bar. Here
is a link to the image I mentioned:

http://www.filedropper.com/image-0001

You can find the blue pixel at (849, 1183).

Is there a reason this is not used by SANE to separate the pages? Or
were you just unaware of this resource?

Thanks,

Augusto