[sane-devel] Cannon FB320P with USB adaptor

Carlos Garces carlos.garces at gmail.com
Wed Sep 10 07:51:01 UTC 2014

Hi!

I'm trying to use my canon FB320P with an USB adaptor.

The scanner was working fine in the old PC (with a real parallel port)
using parport0

The USB adaptor is detected and the device is available at /dev/usb/lp0.

Inside */etc/sane.d/canon**_**pp.conf* I must set one port for ieee1284,
calibrate, init_mode but I don't know how point to /dev/usb/lp0.

I have try no create a link using

ln -sf /dev/usb/lp0 /dev/parport0 but not works.

Any suggestion to configure sane-canon_pp using /dev/usb/lp0?