[sane-devel] Fujitsu S1500 unable to stay connected

Johannes Meixner jsmeix at suse.de
Thu Sep 25 13:12:36 UTC 2014

Hello,

On Sep 24 17:11 Chris Glasoe wrote (excerpt):
> I have tried editing the Fujitsu entry to the S1500 driver
> with no luck and vice versa adding Fujitsu to the driver
> discovered by Yast.

FYI:

Regarding how YaST scanner detection works:
When the YaST scanner module autodetects scanners,
it runs "sane-find-scanner"
via /usr/lib/YaST2/bin/autodetect_scanners
and basically "scanimage -L" (scanimage -f '%d,%v,%m;')
via /usr/lib/YaST2/bin/determine_active_scanners
I.e. YaST shows you what "sane-find-scanner"
and "scanimage -L" show you.

Regarding USB issues, there is some very generic information at
http://en.opensuse.org/SDB:Configuring_Scanners#USB

Kind Regards
Johannes Meixner