[sane-devel] MX895 auf Ubuntu 'Precise'

Louis Lagendijk louis at fazant.net
Mon Apr 6 12:43:23 UTC 2015

On Mon, 2015-04-06 at 11:23 +0000, Balthasar Nebel wrote:
> Hi sane developers, my name is Balthasar and I need your help to get
> my Cannon Pixma MX895 WLAN access work via SANE in Ubuntu (Precise).
> I'm not able to scan any page with the 'scanimage' ultility via WLAN
> (see attached 'image.net.debug.txt'), while same works fine via USB
> (see attached 'image.debug.txt'). I've used sane build #1.0.25 from
> Rolf Bensch as described here:
> https://launchpad.net/~rolfbensch/+archive/ubuntu/sane-git. The
> scanner gets identified but then the connection seems to abort in
> pixma_connect(). You can also see the trace output of the failing
> scanimage, the library image details and Ubuntu version at the bottom
> of this mail.
> The scanner seems to be supported by sane, because it works as
> expected via USB. Is it fully supported or are there restrictions?
> Does somebody use the MX985 via WLAN? Did I miss any configuration or
> installation? I thank you in advance for any hint!

Hi Balthasar,
Did you open both TCP and UDP on port 8612 in the firewall? It looks as
if port 8612 UDP is open, but TCP is not.

If that is not the problem, please send me a trace with:

export SANE_DEBUG_BJNP=5
scanimage > filename 2> mfnp_trace

Please send me the mfnp_trace file, and I will have a look at it

kind regards, Louis