[sane-devel] Canon Support for Scanning -- Not!

Alan McConnell alan at his.com
Tue Apr 7 13:38:56 UTC 2015

I suppose most experts here will find me naive, but I think you
should be aware of reaction I received from Canon "Support", after
sending them an E-mail yesterday.  I received an E-mail from them
this morning which I reproduce here; note that it contains the
text of the E-mail I sent to them yesterday.

(start)--------------------------
Dear Alan McConnell:

Thank you for contacting Canon product support.
Scanning is not supported using Linux.

Sincerely,

Technical Support Representative

Special Note: Certain issues are very difficult to resolve via
email.  If you would prefer to speak to a technician for
additional assistance, you may call our special toll-free number
for email customers with unresolved issues by dialing
1-866-261-9362, Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. ET
(excluding holidays).  If you prefer to continue to communicate
via email, reply to this message and we will respond as quickly
as possible.

Email is not a secure form of communication. Please do not send
us your credit card number or other personal or account
information via email.