[sane-devel] SANE_CAP_ALWAYS_SETTABLE (was Re: Preparing for a sane-backends release)

Olaf Meeuwissen olaf.meeuwissen at avasys.jp
Wed Aug 5 00:53:19 UTC 2015

m. allan noah writes:

> I removed SANE_CAP_ALWAYS_SETTABLE because it was not in the sane
> standard, and the only backend that used it set it on every option. As
> it's intended purpose was not defined by standard, I hoped that it
> would disappear. If the distros are going to shove it back in, I guess
> that will never happen.

Distributions don't get to decide the SANE standard ;-)

I git grep SANE_CAP_ALWAYS_SETTABLE on latest master and the only place
it is still mentioned are the ChangeLogs.  If any frontends still use
it, it is those frontends that need fixing.

The sane-frontends should compile fine without as its use is wrapped in
suitable #ifdef logic.

Hope this helps,
--
Olaf Meeuwissen, LPIC-2     FLOSS Engineer -- EPSON AVASYS CORPORATION
                 http://www.fsf.org/jf?referrer=1962