[sane-devel] fixes for genesys backend

Stef stef.dev at free.fr
Fri Aug 7 06:56:44 UTC 2015

On 06/08/2015 22:16, Michael Thayer wrote:
> Hello Stef,
>
> Stef <stef.dev <at> free.fr> writes:
> [...]
>>> Sorry to say this, but the issue which I reported previously with the LIDE
>>> 210 is not fixed when I apply 09daef4 locally.  When I move the usleep() up
>>> to the top of sanei_genesys_test_buffer_empty() however my scanner works
> again.
> [...]
>>       and when you have an usleep at both places, how does it behave ?
> Yes, that works too.  Seems slightly hacky.  I wonder whether a general
> delay, e.g. after writing to a register on a non-super-speed device on a
> super-speed port, might be what is needed?
>
> Regards,
>
> Michael

     Hello,

     thanks for the test report.

     Yes this this a hack : one usleep() for your GL847 device, and
another for a GL124 (or USB3?). Since we don't have the timing
requirements of the ASIC, the only thing we can do is trial an error.
Both delays don't add up much when checking for data being available. We
could even wait more between each check.

Regards,
     Stef