[sane-devel] Need help with Canon scanner

Rolf Bensch rolf at bensch-online.de
Sat Aug 22 21:31:30 UTC 2015

Hi Alan,

This time with one 'l'.

'scanimage -h' shows all options of your scanner, if you scanner has
been switched to "Remote Scanner" mode before. Some options come from
the backend and are not described in the doc of scanimage. Please read
the manpage of the Pixma backend: 'man sane-pixma' and note that button
scan isn't supported for your scanner.

Alternatively to scanimage I'm using xsane as gui frontend.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Rolf