[sane-devel] SANE 3.3 / OS X 10.8 "error during device I/O"

ibmportablepc clem at dlps.com
Sat Dec 5 05:57:21 UTC 2015

I have just installed SANE version 3.3 on OS X 10.8.5.

scanimage -L returns: device `fujitsu:M4097Ddm:50331648’ is a FUJITSU
M4097Ddm scanner

However, scanimage -T  returns:

scanimage: scanning image of size 3400x4400 pixels at 1 bits/pixel
scanimage: acquiring gray frame, 1 bits/sample
scanimage: reading one scanline, 425 bytes...	FAIL Error: Error during
device I/O

Needless to say, I cannot scan anything.

Am I best to simply upgrade to the latest version of SANE, which in turn is
only available as a binary for the OS X El Capitan, or could this be
something simple?