[sane-devel] SANE 3.3 / OS X 10.8 "error during device I/O"

m. allan noah kitno455 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 5 12:43:40 UTC 2015

I assume you insalled TWAIN SANE 3.5, because the current version of
SANE backends is 1.0.25.

I don't recall ever having a report from an OSX user of a SCSI Fujitsu
scanner, and don't have the ability to test this myself. But, we might
be able to figure it out with a debugging log. At the terminal, run:

SANE_DEBUG_FUJITSU=35 scanimage -T 2>m4097.log

Then send me m4097.log

Also, you might try a scan without the -T, that has been know to cause
issues in the past.

allan

On Sat, Dec 5, 2015 at 12:57 AM, ibmportablepc <clem at dlps.com> wrote:
> I have just installed SANE version 3.3 on OS X 10.8.5.
>
> scanimage -L returns: device `fujitsu:M4097Ddm:50331648’ is a FUJITSU
> M4097Ddm scanner
>
> However, scanimage -T  returns:
>
> scanimage: scanning image of size 3400x4400 pixels at 1 bits/pixel
> scanimage: acquiring gray frame, 1 bits/sample
> scanimage: reading one scanline, 425 bytes...   FAIL Error: Error during
> device I/O
>
> Needless to say, I cannot scan anything.
>
> Am I best to simply upgrade to the latest version of SANE, which in turn is
> only available as a binary for the OS X El Capitan, or could this be
> something simple?

of my hand"