[sane-devel] multipage scans

Jeffrey Ratcliffe jeffrey.ratcliffe at gmail.com
Mon Dec 14 22:05:17 UTC 2015

On 14 December 2015 at 22:19, Carl Karsten <carl at nextdayvideo.com> wrote:
> I see it does deskew - perhaps you can give me some advice.

gscan2pdf doesn't deskew itself - it uses unpaper for that.

I can't help thinking that writing notes on paper, scanning them, and
using the results to update a web app is less efficient than putting
the notes directly in the web app, say using a phone or tablet or
similar.

I take it that the issues in the chop step result in errors in the OCR
step. I don't really know enough about image processing to be able to
help you here. gscan2pdf is really only a GUI gluing various other
tools together.

I'm guessing, however, that if you add barcodes, then they would be
relatively easy to find with opencv:

http://opencv-python-tutroals.readthedocs.org/en/latest/py_tutorials/py_imgproc/py_template_matching/py_template_matching.html

Regards

Jeff