[sane-devel] Some weirdness with a Canon LiDE 220

John S. Weber jweber53 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 16 02:28:01 UTC 2015

I just checked the behavior of my LiDE220. I plugged the scanner into USB3,
started xsane and set it to full color at 300dpi and pushed the scan
button. Up popped the "invalid argument" dialog. I then acquired a preview
which worked and thereafter xsane works fine. I could not reproduce the
error again by closing and restarting xsane or replugging the scanner
(multiple times). All other front ends I tried worked.

Your newest symptoms sound like the issues pre 1.0.25. Are you sure of the
version you're running? Try renaming or deleting your ~/.sane directory.

--
John Weber
jweber53 at gmail.com