[sane-devel] scanjet 5590

Dr.G.H.Möser ghmoeser at web.de
Fri Dec 18 13:32:32 UTC 2015

Hallo,

i have been trying for months to get the adf_duplex (Scanjet 5590)
option working on sane both on linux and freebsd; i had no luck so far.

Yesterday I tried it on centos 7.2 and everything worked. There was
always (except for centos) an error concerning an incorrect length of
the sheet which was about twice A4.

Are there differences in the hp 5990 drivers or settings between centos
7 and all other distributions (I tried Archlinux, fedora 23; ubuntu
14.04 and 15.10; Linux-Mint and sabayon/gentoo).

I am happy that the scanner is now working.
Any further insight would be interesting.