[sane-devel] Scanner failure when connected via USB3

Mike Cloaked mike.cloaked at gmail.com
Wed Feb 4 21:50:00 UTC 2015

On Wed, Feb 4, 2015 at 9:00 PM, m. allan noah <kitno455 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I hit send before I finished writing: I also am hopeful that we can
> fix this issue for real in the kernel- the patch discussed in that
> thread seems to perform the same action as my workaround. An in-kernel
> fix will correct this for many devices, not just scanners.
>
> allan
>
> On Wed, Feb 4, 2015 at 3:42 PM, m. allan noah <kitno455 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I recently put in a patch to sane-backends usb support to work around
> > this issue. You might try upgrading to development version.
> >
> > allan

This sounds very positive and hopefully will make a difference to a lot of
people when it gets into the released kernel.  I will be keeping an eye out
for these patches in the test kernels and will try to test before release
likely via the [testing] arch repo if I can find time to do it. I have not
built kernels in a while but if I have time I may build a test kernel
before a kernel with the patches reaches arch linux [testing]. I will look
forward to seeing this come to fruition.

--
mike c