[sane-devel] Out of memory (Brother MFC-9465CDN)

Jens-U. Mozdzen jmozdzen at nde.ag
Mon Feb 9 11:56:56 UTC 2015

Hi Martin,

Zitat von martin f krafft <madduck at debian.org>
> Hey there,
>
> I have a problem with a Brother MFC-9465CDN that I access through
> a "scanner server" running saned. The problem is that most scans
> fail with an "out of memory" message.
>
> However, I can scan fine when using scanimage on the server
> directly, the problem is when going through saned.

are you using the latest version of Brother drivers? We've had similar
trouble with one of our Brother scanners (see
http://technik.blogs.nde.ag/2013/12/06/brother-dcp-j925dw-problems-when-scanning-via-sane/) and were able to provide Brother support with enough details so they could fix it (in version 4.2.2 of the brsane4 driver, in our
case).

Regards,
Jens