[sane-devel] Fujitsu backend and iX500 scanning page longer than 14 Inches

m. allan noah kitno455 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 6 01:35:43 UTC 2015

On Mon, Jan 5, 2015 at 2:33 PM, Matthias Löblich <mloeblich at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> thank you for the fast answer. The parameters are working for me :-) !
>
> The value is "rounded" to 876.695:
>
> scanimage --format=pnm --mode Color --source "ADF Duplex" --buffermode  On
> --ald=yes --page-height=5500mm -y 5500mm --buffermode=On --resolution 150dpi
> --format=pnm --batch="test_crop_desk_%d" 2>simg.log
>
> scanimage: rounded value of page-height from 5500 to 876.695
> scanimage: rounded value of br-y from 5500 to 876.695
>
> Do you see any issue if I set the values in general to the maximum. I guess
> it is 876.695mm.  The scanner (ix500) stops scanning automatic if the paper
> is out of the feeder.

Yes- the --ald option should work with the ix500. The only problem
will be duplex mode. The backend has to buffer the back side image
during the scanning process. It will allocate a buffer large enough to
hold the image size you requested, even if --ald will prevent that
much data from being received. Since Linux allows overcommit by
default, this might not be a problem in your case.

allan
of my hand"