[sane-devel] HP 4570c with HP5590 backend, problem with source="TMA Negatives"

will kranz will.kranz at gmail.com
Mon Jan 12 19:51:57 UTC 2015

Dear Sane people:
Thanks for your efforts.  I recently obtained a used scanner with a TMA
adapter.  Yours is the only software I can find that comes close to making
it work.  I have a current release with the following installed under linux:
scanimage (sane-backends) 1.0.24; backend version 1.0.24

I was able to obtain images from several negatives with the scanner, but
the colors were wrong.  After some experimentation I find that they are
apparently not corrected for being a negative.  If for each of the 3 color
values making up each pixel in the resulting tiff output file I do:
value = 255 -value; and rewrite the file the image is corrected.
I don't have any slides yet so have not tried that, just thought you might
be interested.

I have submitted one subscription request to mailing list but after several
days have not gotten a confirming email.  Should I repeat the request?
Thanks again.  Will