[sane-devel] Cannon 9000f mark II

Zeb C. zcartist at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 22 23:54:26 UTC 2015

Thank you Olaf

I will upgrade tomorrow. It is a relief because the scanner is perfect for my needs.

Zeb

 Subject: Re: [sane-devel] Cannon 9000f mark II
 To: "Zeb C." <zcartist at yahoo.com>
 Cc: sane-devel at lists.alioth.debian.org
 Date: Thursday, January 22, 2015, 6:24 PM

 Zeb C. writes:

 > Thanks Olaf
 >
 > I ran the command and my username was in the scanner
 group all
 > along. still no devices found.

 Sorry, I should have read the forum post more closely.

 FYI, your scanner was first supported in
 sane-backends-1.0.24.  That
 means you need libsane-1.0.24.  This version is
 available in utopic
 (Ubuntu 14.10).  Seeing that you are using trusty
 (Ubuntu 14.04), you
 have libsane-1.0.23 which does *not* support your scanner.

 You have two options:
  - upgrade to utopic (Ubuntu 14.10)
  - grab only libsane-1.0.24 and libsane-common from utopic
 (and if you
    have it installed maybe also sane-utils
 and/or libsane-extras) and
    install that

 Furthermore, if you haven't done so already, remove that
 99-local.rules
 in /etc/udev/rules.d/.  It is very broken, causes the
 error on boot that
 you mentioned and is not needed with libsane-1.0.24.

 Hope this helps,
 --
 Olaf Meeuwissen, LPIC-2
    FLOSS Engineer -- AVASYS CORPORATION