[sane-devel] terrible (systematically corrupted) jpg at 1200dpi

ken gebser at mousecar.com
Wed Jan 28 14:39:27 UTC 2015

On 01/28/2015 07:23 AM, m. allan noah wrote:
> at least in lineart mode, the scanner maximum is 300dpi. Try scanimage
> --mode=color --help
>
> allan

According to specifications published by HP, this scanner's hardware and
optical resolution is 1200x1200 dpi.  I just called HP tech support to
confirm this and was told this is correct and that, further, there are
"4 pixels per dot", meaning that the scanner handles both color and B/W
at that resolution.  So I don't know why scanimage would report that
300dpi is the maximum resolution.