[sane-devel] Canon LIDE 220

John Weber jweber53 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 1 17:23:20 UTC 2015

On 06/29/2015 01:57 PM, Stef wrote:

>      Hello,
>
>      I was expecting something like that.
>
>      All DBG_io2 a mere traces, and I don't see how much they slow down
> things. Since I don't have this kind of problem on my hardware, I need
> your help. I don't see no other approach than trial and error.
>
>      1 - compile sources
>      2 - set logs to 7
>      3 - check that scanner is working with compiled sources and the log
> level
>      4 - change a line where there is DBG_io2 level in DBG_data so it
> isn't traced any more, write down the line number
>      5 - compile and run, if it is still working, go to step 4 and
> change one more debug trace
>      6 - since it isn't working anymore, you have find where a pause
> must be set, please send it to me

Hi Stef,

Your more precise instructions including the "runit" script got me
through step 3. I confirmed that it's broken with logs at 6 and works
with logs at 7. Now I'm stuck at step 4. What file contains the lines to
be changed? I grepped and found several files that contain these
strings. I guess I need more precise instructions, but I'm confident I
can follow them.

jweber at Dindi:sane-backends$ egrep -rl "DBG_data|DBG_io2" *
backend/p5.c
backend/genesys_gl846.c
backend/genesys_low.c
backend/rts88xx_lib.h