[sane-devel] Samsung SCX-4100 not detected

Viktor Semykin thesame.ml at gmail.com
Wed Jul 8 00:01:22 UTC 2015

Hello everyone.

I have Samsung SCX-4100 printer/scanner which is claimed to be supported
by SANE. Scanner perfectly works in windows using Samsung's SmarThru
software. Nonetheless I had no luck in making it work in Arch Linux. I
tried to use distro's SANE 1.0.24, with and without
samsung-unified-driver installed, and also hand-compiled SANE. Still no
luck. All debug message report that the device "doesn't look like a
scanner".

As far as I can say from SANE source code, it expects the scanner to
expose "vendor-specific" usb interface which is actually absent. I'd
suppose that the scanner firmware is broken, but it works in its native
software.

What am I doing wrong?

--
best, Viktor.