[sane-devel] iX100 receipt scanner

m. allan noah kitno455 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 10 21:59:56 UTC 2015

This is the first I have heard of this scanner, so I doubt it will work
with sane currently. There is a good chance that this scanner would use a
protocol similar to other Epson-based Fujitsu scanners, which are supported
by the epjitsu backend, not the fujitsu backend.

Are you able to get a log of the scanner in action on a windows machine (or
VM) using something like http://www.pcausa.com/Utilities/UsbSnoop/ (or
wireshark as a last resort)

allan

On Wed, Jun 10, 2015 at 4:03 PM, Tom Buckler <tom at buckler.ca> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to make an iX100 Fujitsu scanner operate with SANE under OSX
> 10.10.3. I've used several other Fujitsu scanners in the past, though none
> were receipt scanners.
>
> I added to Fujitsu.conf the following:
>
> ##ScanSnap CUSTOM iX100
> usb 0x04c5 0x13f4
>
> and can see the scanner now:
>
> *BME on BMEs-i7-MacBook-Pro: ~/Desktop$** scanimage -L*
> device `fujitsu:ScanSnap iX100:187' is a FUJITSU ScanSnap iX100 scanner
>
> But when I try to SCANIMAGE a Sane_start error is the result:
>
> *BME on BMEs-i7-MacBook-Pro: ~/Desktop$** scanimage --device=fujitsu
> --format=tiff > test.tiff*
> scanimage: sane_start: Invalid argument
>
> So I tried to debug:
>
> *~/Desktop$** SANE_DEBUG_FUJITSU=255 scanimage  --source\=ADF\ Front >
> test.pnm*
>
> <snip...>
>
> [fujitsu] sense_handler: start
>
> [fujitsu] Sense=0x5, ASC=0x2c, ASCQ=00, EOM=0, ILI=0, info=00000000
>
> [fujitsu] Illegal request: command sequence error
>
> [fujitsu] start_scan: finish
>
> [fujitsu] sane_start: ERROR: cannot start_scan
>
> [fujitsu] sane_start: error 4
>
> <snip...>
>

> But now I'm not sure what I can do? I'm hoping someone has some experience
> with this scanner.
>
> Insights appreciated,
> Tom

"well, I stand up next to a mountain- and I chop it down with the edge of
my hand"