[sane-devel] CanonScan 8400F

Sven Jörns sane-devel at sven-joerns.de
Wed Jun 17 22:35:32 UTC 2015

Hi,
In my option, the CanonScan 8400F is one of the best scanner from Canon.
But it was so good, that Canon has stop maintaining very fast. So there
also no driver for Windows 7, only XP and Vista. In the past I have used
it over a virtual Windows XP Session, but it is very laborious and unsafe.
I would prefer to use it with Linux directly, but exactly this scanner
isn't supported by sane.
Now I have a wonderful piece of functional hardware and can't use it.
So I would like to help to get this scanner back for using for other
users too.
Is there a programmer, I can send the scanner? Preferably in Germany.

cu
Sven