[sane-devel] Setting Options Via sane_control_option(...)

Leon Hauck leon at progcpu.net
Mon Jun 29 23:34:33 UTC 2015

On 06/25/2015 05:34 PM, Matthew Baker wrote:

> I'd recommend taking a glance at the SimpleScan project
> (https://github.com/mnagel/simple-scan) to get a feel for how
> commonplace options are handled.

I had looked at that before.  I'm not sure whether that project uses
some sort if IDE or what, but I found the code a tad hard to read due to
the use of a lot of (what I'm assuming are) temporary variables.  For
example, lines 3974 through 4145 in scanner.c.

However it did clue me in to using the SANE_FIX() macro to properly get
values assigned to the variables that I needed to pass to the
sane_control_option() function.

Thanks for the nudge in the right direction.

-- Leon