[sane-devel] Bypassing calibration in Casoncan LIDE 210

Stef stef.dev at free.fr
Mon Mar 9 20:13:31 UTC 2015

On 09/03/2015 18:11, hugo roglan wrote:
> I found a post that explains how to avoid calibration process in a scanner CanoScan LIDE 20.
> The scanner I have is the CanoScan LiDE 210.
> The driver used is genesys_gl124.c.
> Is it possible to make the same changes in my scanner?
>
> Thanks/.
> /
>
> http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/sane-devel/2008-December/023403.html

     Hello,

      you can disable calibration on any genesys backend scanner by
adding the flag GENESYS_FLAG_NO_CALIBRATION in the genesys_devices.c
file an recompile. Be aware that it disables also shading calibration
and you'll have to correct the scanned data for variation across the
sensor to get usable scanned data.

Regards,
     Stef