[sane-devel] Alternatives to hpaio for networked hp multifunction printers

Mike Woods michael.woods at motionpicturesolutions.com
Mon Mar 30 08:40:21 UTC 2015

Morning all, I'm trying to find an alternative to using the hpaio
backend for our network printers (specifically M570DN), the current
releases seem to rely on automatic detection and to do so seem to need
to have the printer element installed via hp-setup to work which we've
found to be less reliable than using standard IP printing, id like to
configure hpaio manually however it doesn't seem to support this at all
for network scanners (id be happy to be proven wrong on this!).

So, has anyone come across and alternative to using hpaio for this ?

Or even better, a way to manually configure the hpaio backend (it seems
to ignore everything I’ve tried)

Apologies if this has already been answered, I have had a search but
I’ve not managed to find anything to answer my question.

--
-- Mike Woods --
Motion Picture Solutions Ltd