[sane-devel] Plustek Optibook 3600

Luis Lewis siwelsiul at gmail.com
Fri May 1 15:01:29 UTC 2015

Hi

I have an Optibook3600 that I'm trying to run in Ubuntu 15.04. I
installed the latest sane followind this guide:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/CompileSaneFromSource

The scanner is recognized with the following command:
$ scanimage -L
device `genesys:libusb:001:006' is a PLUSTEK OpticBook 3600 flatbed scanner

But when trying to scan image I get the following error:
$ sudo scanimage --format=tiff > test.tiff
[genesys] WARNING: Your scanner is not fully supported or at least
[genesys]          had only limited testing. Please be careful and
[genesys]          report any failure/success to
[genesys]          sane-devel at lists.alioth.debian.org. Please provide as many
[genesys]          details as possible, e.g. the exact name of your
[genesys]          scanner and what does (not) work.
*** stack smashing detected ***: scanimage terminated

If I run the command again I get a different error:
$ sudo scanimage --format=tiff > test.tiff
[genesys] WARNING: Your scanner is not fully supported or at least
[genesys]          had only limited testing. Please be careful and
[genesys]          report any failure/success to
[genesys]          sane-devel at lists.alioth.debian.org. Please provide as many
[genesys]          details as possible, e.g. the exact name of your
[genesys]          scanner and what does (not) work.
scanimage: open of device genesys:libusb:001:006 failed: Error during device I/O

Thanks