[sane-devel] Epson Perfection V800 error

Ron Falkowski ronfalkowski92 at gmail.com
Tue May 5 18:48:09 UTC 2015

Hello all,

I've been using an array of V700 scanners for research purposes with no
problems. Since they've been discontinued, we've bought a few V800s to test
and make sure they work with our current system. I saw this message (
http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/sane-devel/2015-February/033155.html)
which claims that the V800 will work with one addition to the config files.
I've made that change and the new scanners still will not work. "scanimage
-L" recognizes the new scanner (as a GT-X980, as expected), but attempting
a scan fails.

I tried running the following command:
scanimage --device-name=epson2:libusb:001:119 --format=tiff >test.tif

That command works with the V700 scanners, but gives the error "scanimage:
open of device epson2:libusb:001:119 failed: Invalid argument" for the
V800. Is there some part of the command that is necessary for the V800s
that I'm missing? Is some additional plugin like iscan that is also
required?

Thanks