[sane-devel] problem with fujitsu scanners

m. allan noah kitno455 at gmail.com
Tue May 26 12:28:45 UTC 2015

Yes- there is a bug in linux kernel which makes it behave differently
when using the xhci_hcd driver instead of ehci_hcd. The former is used
by USB3 ports (and some USB2 ports).

Late last year, I added a workaround to the sane-backends development
version. Some users have reported that this fixes the issue for them.
Others continue to have problems. Perhaps you could try to build
sane-backends from a git checkout, and see if it works for you?

allan

On Tue, May 26, 2015 at 1:03 AM,  <joakim at verona.se> wrote:
> "m. allan noah" <kitno455 at gmail.com> writes:
>
>> What else has changed? Did you upgrade your computer to one with USB3 ports?
>
> Yes, I tried with two different computers, both have usb3 ports.
>
> I'm not sure I can find a computer with usb2 ports. Do you think it
> makes a difference?
>

>> allan
>>
>> On Mon, May 25, 2015 at 5:35 PM,  <joakim at verona.se> wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I have a couple of fujitsu fi-5120 scanners, and a fi-6130 as well.
>>>
>>> A couple of years ago i scanned massive amounts of pages with these
>>> scanners using scanadf.
>>>
>>> Now, however, the scanners are very unreliable.
>>>
>>> I cant get a single scan from my 6130, and the 5120:s stop working if
>>> for instance the paper feed is empty.
>>>
>>> With "stop working" I mean that scanadf -L stop detecting the scanners,
>>> and also things like:
>>>
>>> scanadf -d fujitsu:fi-6130dj:80875
>>> scanadf: open of device fujitsu:fi-6130dj:80875 failed: Invalid argument
>>>
>>> I get these errors on fedora 21 and 22.
>>>
>>> The scanners worked well something like 4 years ago when last I
>>> attempted this.
>>>
>>> I downloaded "vuescan" on linux for reference, and it can scan with the
>>> 6130 and 5120, so I dont think the hardware is rusty.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Joakim Verona
>>>

>>> --

> Joakim Verona