[sane-devel] Brother All-in-one MFC-8860DN and MFC-8690DN

Michael Ionescu mhi at ionescu.de
Sun May 31 19:03:54 UTC 2015

Hi all,

when editing the Brother support list, please remark there, that while coverage may be complete regarding functionality, the proprietary driver required is not currently available for all plattforms. If this is omitted, the coverage information may be misleading.

Thanks,
Mike

Am 31. Mai 2015 12:01:43 MESZ, schrieb Daniel Bruce <tiptonvillemed at gmail.com>:
>I have been using xsane with both of these scanners with no problems. I
>installed the brscan drivers from the Brother support web site and
>xsane
>immediately recognized the scanners. I would rate the coverage as
>complete.
>I have been using the 8690 for the past 18 months. I replaced it with
>two
>8860's two months ago. Operation with both the flat bed and the ADF has
>been flawless.
>
>Dan Bruce

mobile: +49-163-6866568