[sane-devel] Xsane can't find scanner - again, but this one is USB

m. allan noah kitno455 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 3 12:29:48 UTC 2015

> Would it be possible to give xsane a slightly friendlier interface
> such that, when it can't find a scanner, it asks the user which device
> they think it should see/use?  Having it just quit with no options
> seems most unfriendly.  Just a thought....

The author of xsane is not on this mailing list, so you will need to
mail him directly with suggestions. But, you seem to be seeing
something different from me. When I run xsane with no scanners
connected, I get a dialog which says so- it does not just quit. It is
also not possible for xsane to turn user input into a working scanner.
If the detection step turns up no scanners, running it again with a
name will not change anything.

allan
of my hand"