[sane-devel] Problems using Canon-supplied driver for imageFORMULA P-215 (canondr)

Thomas Geier ziggystar at gmx.de
Sun Nov 8 11:11:17 UTC 2015

Dear list,

Canon is supplying a sane-based driver for the mentioned scanner. The
date on the website says July 2015. You can follow this link to the
download page:

http://www.canon-europe.com/support/consumer_products/products/scanners/others/imageformula_p-215.aspx?type=drivers&language=EN&os=LINUX

I had no luck installing the driver from *.deb, but I'm also running x64
and the page says 32-bit.

When following the instructions to compile from source I managed to get
to the point where the driver was apparently registered with sane, but
when selecting the Canon-Driver (canondr, in contrast to included
canon_dr), `scangui` says: "Cannot open scanner device."

`scanimage` says: "scanimage: open of device canondr:libusb:001:005
failed: Error during device I/O"

Did anyone manage to get this driver working?

Regards, Thomas