[sane-devel] canoscan 5200F chip info

Gernot Hassenpflug aikishugyo at gmail.com
Fri Oct 2 05:21:40 UTC 2015

On Fri, Oct 2, 2015 at 10:57 AM, Humphrey van Polanen Petel
<hpvpp at optusnet.com.au> wrote:
/../

Hello Humphrey,
Thanks for the chip info (no idea about any of them unfortunately).
It would help if you could make a very small scan, the smallest you
can obtain (probably about 4mm by 4mm using the Canon-supplied Windows
TWAIN driver interface), at the lowest resolution (probably 75dpi) in
black and white, or greyscale or color in case other types not
available.
Then zip it and send to my email (aikishugyo at gmail), if there is
anything useful that I can recognize I'll let you know. In particular,
if the scanner supports the PIXMA protocol, there is hope (support
pretty much guaranteed). Otherwise not much.
Regards,
Gernot Hassenpflug