[sane-devel] canoscan 5200F chip info

Gernot Hassenpflug aikishugyo at gmail.com
Fri Oct 2 05:48:46 UTC 2015

On Fri, Oct 2, 2015 at 2:21 PM, Gernot Hassenpflug <aikishugyo at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 2, 2015 at 10:57 AM, Humphrey van Polanen Petel
> <hpvpp at optusnet.com.au> wrote:
>>              to sane-devel-request at lists.alioth.debian.org
> /../
>
> Hello Humphrey,
> Thanks for the chip info (no idea about any of them unfortunately).
> It would help if you could make a very small scan, the smallest you
> can obtain (probably about 4mm by 4mm using the Canon-supplied Windows
> TWAIN driver interface), at the lowest resolution (probably 75dpi) in
> black and white, or greyscale or color in case other types not
> available.

Important information inadvertently left you!
I meant taking a USB log of the traffic of a Windows-based scan.
For WinXP, UsbSnoop is good, because I have a parser for that.
For later versions of Windows, I guess you could you use Wiresharp
with UsbPcap, looking at the output in Wireshark would work for me
too.