[sane-devel] plustek backend failing to open device under non-root: also: is there a regression?

Yury Tarasievich yury.tarasievich at gmail.com
Fri Sep 11 04:30:00 UTC 2015

More digging reveals sane might produce such
cases when version of it isn't "right" (one guy
reverting, specifically, to 1.0.23), also when
multilib (32-bit environment) is present on
64-bit slackware installations.

I'm using daily 20150805 now, and I'm willing to
mess about with newer snapshots, also to try to
clear that previously discussed issue of dropped
stripes (which seem to be positioned on a
certain distance from sensor's edge, like 20%
width -- 300->400 dpi interpolation to blame??).

However, as I have to do rather lots of scanning
ATM, I worry about that supposed recent
regression in plustek backend, mentioned here
week ago or so. Guys in the know, please tell,
is it really there?

Thanks

-Yury