[sane-devel] Unsupported scanner

Dario Wimmer dario.wimmer at uni-bielefeld.de
Sun Sep 13 13:30:35 UTC 2015

it must be. Canon is not actually listing any scanner under the name
"CanoScan 700F" but a "CanoScan LiDe 700F".

There IS a series of scanners called "CanoScan ####F" without the prefix
"LidDe" but all the serial numbers in this series have four digits instead
of the "LiDe" series' three digits. So maybe this is a misnomer and the
entry "CanoScan 700F" in the list of supported devices should be renamed
to "CanoScan LiDe 700F".

Link to list of CanoScan devices:
http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/categorySiteMap.action?pageKeyCode=categorySiteMap&nodeCid=0901e02480069f86&expanded=true

Dario